Ceol Aneas 2020 – Scholarship
A generous donation provided by the Hugo Charitable Trust allows us to offer a limited number of full and/or tuition-only scholarships to Ceol Aneas 2020.
A full scholarship will provide transportation to Nelson (for the recipient and parent/guardian if applicable), accommodation, and tuition for Ceol Aneas on Queen’s Birthday weekend.
The scholarship is open to New Zealand residents between 12 and 25 who play an instrument taught at Ceol Aneas, and is able to play at a standard that would benefit from the classes at Ceol Aneas. Young scholarship applicants who are under 18 must be accompanied to Nelson Ceol Aneas by a parent or guardian. The parent/guardian would not need to attend the classes, but would be responsible for their dependent at other times.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of potential of the applicant to derive most benefit from the tuition at a Ceol Aneas but may not otherwise be able to attend for financial reasons.
The final decision is made by the Ceol Aneas committee.
Applications must be received by 31st January 2020, and should contain the following information:
1. What instrument(s) do you play? Which class (fiddle, flute, banjo/mandolin, guitar, whistle, or free-reed) would you attend at Ceol Aneas?
2. Background information: how you became interested in Irish music, how you learned to play, who your teachers are, what bands or players you enjoy.
3. Tell us about experiences you have had in Irish instrumental music.
4. What you hope to gain from the experience
5. Feel free to provide any other information you think might be relevant for the Scholarship Committee to adequately appraise your application.
6. One or more letter(s) of recommendation from someone who has attended Ceol Aneas as a student or tutor. The letter should include how you would benefit from the scholarship.
All scholarship applications should be e-mailed to: [email protected].
The scholarship recipients will be notified no later than the 21st of February 2020. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified of the committee’s decision.
The recipients then have until 28th February 2020 to accept the offer and make a commitment to attend and register as usual through the website.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].