CEOL ANEAS 2020 ONLINE FESTIVAL
We are delighted to announce our first ever on-line festival. We are grateful to be working with these 4 great musicians and have prepared a series of resources and on-line live events that capture the spirit of Ceol Aneas. We acknowledge that these are tough times around the world for many people and hope his is an opportunity to keep our community connected, keep learning and have some fun. Find out more here >>>
AN UPDATE ON PLANS FOR CEOL ANEAS 2020
19 March 2020: We are very sad to announce that we have to cancel Ceol Aneas 2020, clearly we have no choice.
We are planning to be back with an amazing festival in 2021, so let’s focus on that as something to look forward to.
We are also looking at whether we can use digital technology, video conferencing or live streaming to offer a ‘virtual Ceol Aneas’ with online classes. Playing music together is so important to so many of us so let’s see what we can do to help each other through these difficult times.
Thanks to our tutors and all the individuals and businesses that support the festival. Your understanding has really helped us work through all the options and reach the final decision.
If you have already registered we will offer a full refund. If you are in the financial situation to be able to donate your registration or carry it over to next year, that would be really helpful. We will be in touch with details of how to do that.
We would like to thank the generous support of our sponsors who help make Ceol Aneas possible.
18 March 2020: With Ceol Aneas 11 weeks away and the situation with the COVID-19 virus changing so rapidly we want to update everyone on our position.
Keeping everyone healthy by limiting the spread of the virus is our top priority. We are following NZ Government and Ministry of Health guidelines on this and are expecting some updates that would apply specifically to events like Ceol Aneas in the next few days.
We are also aware of the impact on our tutors and all the Nelson businesses that support us. We are working with the tutors to keep all options open as long as we possibly can.
Ceol Aneas will be reviewing a go/no-go decision for the 2020 event in two weeks time.
If we have to cancel, we will give a full refund on registrations. If you are in the financial situation to be able to donate your registration or carry it over to next year, that will help us weather this storm and carry on producing this amazing event into the future.
So stay safe, keep playing music however you can and we will be in touch soon.
For more information on COVID-19 in New Zealand, please visit: https://covid19.govt.nz/